Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fabric Art



 
I always enjoy exploring new ways of creating one-of-a-kind art in my home. Actually, everything that is on my walls, is something that I have made. I believe that homemade art, whatever your taste may be, is one of the best accessories in a home. This months newsletter was about created character in the home, through the walls. One-of-a-kind art is truly character. Here is a piece that I just finished.
I stapled a piece of in expensive batting to a large recycled canvas. Then wrapped and stapled a piece linen fabric over it. I wanted the art to have a visual and physical texture. I recently, learned how to make fabric rosettes. I made several rosettes of various sizes and fabrics. I layered the rosettes over the canvas giving it another level of texture. I also made a few rosettes and accented a pillow with them. I love how it turned out! It was so much fun to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment